Organized by the Centre for Tourism Research, Development and Innovation (CiTUR), the ITC’19 offers a worldwide forum for attendees from academia, industry, government, and other organizations to actively exchange, share, and challenge state-of-the-art research and case studies on travel and tourism.
All submissions to the research track are rigorously evaluated for innovation, significance, and soundness. Papers should clearly state the background, introduction, purpose, methodology, results, and conclusions, and be fully referenced with appropriate citations.
The main theme for ITC’19 is “The Image and Sustainability of Tourism Destinations”. Issues to be covered at the conference include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Destination Branding
- Tourism Destination Competitiveness
- New Tourism Products
- Tourism Market Strategy
- Sustainable Tourism Development Strategies
- Tourism Destination Image
- Consumer Behavior in Tourism
- Enhancing Customers’ Experience
- Tourism Education and Training
- Tourist Resources Management
- Tourist Information Services
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity in Tourism
- Events and Sport Tourism
- Coastal and Maritime Tourism
The ITC’19 consists of two types of sessions:
- Keynote Sessions on themes of a major interest for the conference attendees; that will involve invited tourism academics and experts.
- General Sessions on a range of topics that will follow the format of presentations and discussion with the attendees.
For General Sessions we invite academics, researchers, entrepreneurs, policy makers, decision makers and tourism professionals to submit scientific papers (please see Instructions for Authors).
Join us in Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal.